Stainless steel can be found in a wide range of products, including kitchen appliances, automotive parts, airplanes, and medical equipment. Stainless steel offers a unique set of qualities that many metals do not have on their own, making it a vital resource to the modern world. It’s not only extremely strong, but it’s also corrosion-resistant and simple to sterilize. Stainless steel’s adaptability is due to these two fundamental qualities which allow it to be used in a wide range of vital applications.
- Medical Equipment – Stainless steel is used extensively in modern medical equipment due to its ease of sterilization and high corrosion resistance. Surgery and dental instruments, surgical tables, and larger equipment such as MRI scanners are all made from stainless steel material. Surgical implants such as replacement joints, pins, and plates are ideally made of stainless steel.
- Aircrafts and Aerospace – Aircraft must be able to resist a wide range of climatic conditions, including extremes in temperature, precipitation, and elevation pressures. The qualities of stainless steel enable it to easily address all of these issues, making it the most essential material for aircraft and aerospace applications.
- Building and Construction – Stainless steel is a fantastic construction material since it is both strong and flexible. Because of its corrosion resistance, it provides structures a superb modern aesthetic while still being easy to maintain.
- High-pressure Applications – Stainless steel’s strength makes it ideal for building, but it also makes it resistant to high pressure and temperatures. As a result, stainless steel is an excellent choice for high-pressure applications such as energy systems like power plants.
- Food Industry – Stainless steel is advantageous in food and catering applications for many of the same reasons that it is advantageous in medical equipment. Stainless steel makes for fantastic, sharp knives and can endure high heat for cooking, in addition to being easy to clean.
Coastal Metals is the premier supplier of carbon, stainless steel and alloy metals on the west coast. Our extensive inventory enables you to find the items you need, in the quantities you require for your projects, from the most routine to specialized requirements. Contact us today for any project large or small and we will take care of your needs.